School Holidays @ your Library
Your Public Library is open during school holidays, so why not drop in, cool down and chill out with a good book, magazine, access to FREE WI-FI, computers or communal cinema?
For school-aged children, the Library runs a full school holiday program of activities that cover: science, crafts, arts, technology, and fun educational games. PLUS there’s our famous Preschool Storytime or Baby Rhyme Time to keep the younger ones engaged too!
School Holiday Programs can change at short notice so, for updates on scheduled activities, follow us on Facebook @ASPLibrary or call us at the Library on (08) 8950 0555.
Download the complete 2023 Spring School Holiday Program below!
- For detailed event information visit Council’s Community Calendar via: https://alicesprings.nt.gov.au…
- Some events require bookings via: https://aspl.eventbrite.com
- All events are free!
Summer Reading Club
The Summer Reading Club is an annual FREE national program offering a fun way for families to support their children’s literacy development during the summer holidays.
A child’s reading achievement tends to decline over the extended break from school, and the Summer Reading Club helps to prevent this slide by encouraging reading for fun and enjoyment all summer long!
Adults are also encouraged to join in on the fun whether you want to see whether you can out read your children in a fun family game or broaden your reading list — the Summer Reading Club is the perfect excuse to get stuck into a good book…magazine or even eBook or eAudio!
To join the Summer Reading Club, kids (aged 3 + years) and adults (18+ years) are invited to:
- Visit the library to receive their free Summer Reading Challenge sheet
- Complete the reading challenges over the Summer Holidays
- Collect free bonuses from the library as challenges are completed
- Join the fun in-house and take home activities at the library throughout the Summer Holidays
- Join other Summer Reading Club members at the wind-up (& prize presentation!) Splash Party @ ASALC
The categories and prizes are as follows:
- Adults (18+) = Vouchers for Red Sands Café & Plaza Wellbeing Centre
- Secondary (13−17) = Voucher for Alicetronics
- Primary (5−12) = Lego
- Preschool (3−5) = Voucher for Sugar & Spice (The Baby Shop)
Stay tuned to the Library’s Facebook page for announcements about the next Summer Reading Club competition, or contact the Library on 8950 0555, or email to: email@example.com
Read. Write. Chat
» Improve your reading and writing.
» If you are learning English, practice conversation skills.
» Meet with a tutor in a private meeting room at the Library.
» One-hour sessions, once a week.
» We try to find a time which suits you.
FREE | For further information please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or 8950 0555