Alice Springs Town Council’s Night Markets are held in the Todd Mall, 5pm – 9pm, on the following dates.
2022 Night Markets:
- 14 April – celebrating Parrtjima Festival in Light
- 9 June – celebrating Finke Street Party & Night Markets
- 22 September – celebrating Desert Festival
- 18 November – celebrating Summer S.A.M. youth festival
- 9 December – Council’s Christmas Carnival & Night Markets
With live, local entertainment for the whole family, you can bop while you shop for authentic indigenous art, hand-made crafts, up-cycled treasures, books, handmade clothing and jewellery, plus a huge range of tasty treats from our food vendors.
Council’s Night Markets are family-friendly, smoke-free events. Council actively encourages BYO reusable cutlery and take-away food containers to reduce the volume of Single Use Plastics (SUPs) going into landfill.
- 1. How do I request a market stall to participate at the ASTC Night Markets?
If you wish to participate at an ASTC Night Market please contact the ASTC Community Projects Officer, on 8950 0505 or firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the Night Market Stallholder Agreement and submit to Alice Springs Town Council. Spaces can fill up quickly, so please contact Council at least two weeks out from a Night Market to enquire about participating as a stallholder.
- 2. How much is a site at the ASTC Night Market?
As of 1 January 2021 fees are varied for powered and unpowered sites. These fees are outlined in the Stallholder Agreement. The fee includes the ability to have vehicle access to Todd Mall for the purpose of unloading and loading goods.
- 3. Do I need my own public liability insurance to hold a market stall?
Yes, all stallholders must hold and submit their own public liability insurance. This must be not less than five million dollars ($5,000,000) or, if stall involves the sale of food or topical applications, the sum must be not less than twenty million dollars ($20,000,000).
- 4. What are the requirements of a food stallholder?
Food stallholders are required to be registered with the Department of Health and must ensure that they submit their food registration with all other documents . Food registration certificates must be visible at your stall with a clear description of your products and prices.
- 5. What if I require gas and/or electricity?
All electrical and gas equipment must be in accordance with NT Worksafe guidelines. NT Worksafe bulletins can be found at the end of this page. Please be aware that powered sites are limited.
- 6. Where is my site located?
Please note there is no guarantee of specific sites requested and site allocation is up to the discretion of the market coordinator. Notification of site allocations will be sent out prior to each market.