Resident Info

Building and development

The Depart­ment of Infra­struc­ture Plan­ning and Logis­tics, is respon­si­ble for the approval of devel­op­ments with­in the munic­i­pal­i­ty of Alice Springs. The North­ern Ter­ri­to­ry Plan­ning Scheme is used as a guide for this.

If your pro­posed devel­op­ment com­plies with the North­ern Ter­ri­to­ry Plan­ning Scheme please con­tact a Build­ing Certifier.

If your devel­op­ment varies from the require­ments of the North­ern Ter­ri­to­ry Plan­ning Scheme, con­tact the Devel­op­ment Assess­ment Ser­vices team at the Depart­ment of Infra­struc­ture Plan­ning and Logis­tics, Alice Springs. They will for­ward your appli­ca­tion to Alice Springs Town Coun­cil for Coun­cil’s list of require­ments. This will be pro­vid­ed in reply to your appli­ca­tion. Coun­cil’s asso­ci­at­ed fees are list­ed in Coun­cil’s Munic­i­pal Plan.

A Per­mit to Work with­in the Road Reserve must be obtained from Alice Springs Town Coun­cil before work is done on Coun­cil man­aged land or assets. Assets such as verges, laneways, roads, stormwa­ter pits, drainage ease­ments are owned and main­tained by Coun­cil. Dri­ve­ways must be main­tained by the own­er of the property.

Please see the dia­gram below for the process.

    For fur­ther enquiries con­tact Man­ag­er Devel­op­ments via astc@​astc.​nt.​gov.​au or call 8950 0538.

    The fol­low­ing links will pro­vide you with more information: