Healthy Communities Program
Alice Springs Town Council provides the following programs aimed at keeping residents of all ages active and healthy:
- Heart Foundation Walking (all ages and abilities) – meet 7am, every Saturday, at the Andy McNeill Room, Civic Centre, 93 Todd Street
- Movers and Groovers — every Saturday 11am — 12pm at the Alice Springs 50+ Centre
- Yoga After Cancer — 7pm Mondays, 3.30pm Wednesdays at Lasseters Health Club
- Active Oldies (for seniors) – 10.00am, Monday and Wednesday, at Alice Springs Aquatic & Leisure Centre (ASALC), 10 Speed Street. Cost for entry
- Keep You Moving (for people with chronic health conditions) – various times, Monday to Friday, at the Health & Wellness Centre (ASALC), 10 Speed Street. $2 cost per class
Sport & Recreation
Sporting and recreational groups benefit our local community by creating fun, varied opportunities to regularly engage people, from all walks of life, in social activity – and Alice Springs is a truly sports-loving town!
From extreme mountain-biking and trail-running, to book clubs and lawn bowls, Alice has much to offer those seeking to contribute to the community, improve their health and fitness, or expand their social network.
Baby, Set, Go!
Join Alice Springs parents for a FREE 6 month program launching 19 July 2021.
Combining exercise sessions, a walking group, information sessions, this program is ideal for parents in the post-partum period. See below for timetable, no need to register!