Green Living Subsidy
Cloth Nappy Rebate
Did you know that a baby will use upwards of 4,000 disposable nappies before they are toilet trained? These all end up in landfill, which emits harmful greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. This is a lot of landfill, with conventional disposable nappies estimated to take up to 150 years to break down.
Through this rebate Alice Springs residents will be able to claim some of the cost of buying cloth nappies. This rebate encourages our residents to think and act sustainably and to reduce household waste.
Households can apply for rebates of 50% (up to a maximum value of $100) on purchases of cloth nappies.
For example, spend $50, get $25 back, spend $100, get $50 back, spend $200 and over you get $100.
Cloth nappies include cloth nappies, reusable swim nappies, reusable training nappies, reusable inner liner for nappies, reusable wet bags, and reusable wipes for cloth nappy use.
Council will be offering a number of free cloth nappy workshops to ensure you have the information and support needed to successfully transition to using cloth nappies.
These workshops will cover types and materials of modern cloth nappies and include fitting demonstrations, cost savings, nappy care, and environmental benefits.
First free workshop will be on Sunday 31st July, at Birth & Beyond Parent Resource Centre. 89 Todd Street, #10, Alice Springs.
Bookings via Eventbrite:
To claim your rebates, you must provide:
- A copy of the receipt of purchase. The proof of purchase must be no older than 3 months and be for purchases made on or after 1 July 2022.
- Proof that you live in Alice Springs. The proof of residency can be in the form of a rates notice, utility bill or drivers’ licence.
To claim your rebate simply complete the Green Living Subsidy Form (download it here) and send it in with proof of item/s purchased (receipt) and residency (rates notice or driver’s license) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions:
- Rebate includes cloth nappies, reusable swim nappies, reusable training nappies, reusable inner liner for nappies, reusable wet bags, and reusable wipes for cloth nappy use.
- The cloth nappy rebate also includes pre-owned nappies if adequate proof of purchase is provided.
- The rebate does not include transport costs, nappy hire, wipes containers, decorative (i.e. not leak-proof) nappy covers, postage/delivery or single-use items.
- Council will accept only one application per household. Rebate applications must be submitted within three (3) months of purchasing the eligible product(s).
- The applicant must provide a proof of residence of Alice Springs e.g. rates notice or utility bill. The proof of purchase must be no older than 3 months and be for purchases made on or after 1 July 2022.
- The applicant must provide a copy of the receipt or proof of purchase with date and clear identification of name and cost of each item purchased.
- Successful applicants will be reimbursed for 50% of the purchase price of eligible products, which equates to a total maximum household rebate of $100.00 per applicant.
- The Alice Springs Town Council holds the right to reject any application
- The rebate program may be paused at any time if budget allocations have been exhausted.
- If the application is successful, payment will be made via EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) to the bank account nominated by the applicant within 30 days of the date the application was made.
- Council reserves the right to change these terms and conditions or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this rebate at any time.
- Privacy Statement: your personal information is being collected by Council for the purpose of the Green Living Subsidy and will be handled in accordance with the Information Act 2002.