Greening Strategy community consultation
Alice Springs Town Council is currently in the process of working with consultants O2LA to produce the Alice Springs Greening Strategy and Action Plan. Various engagement methods and tools will be used to inform the Strategy development, with feedback loops in place before a final report will be presented to Council.
Key Objectives of the Alice Springs Greening Strategy:
- Enjoy enhanced amenity and natural beauty throughout the town
- Improve shade throughout the town with more trees
- Lower ‘heat island effects’ through increased overall connected tree canopy cover
- Source trees sustainably
- Implement and maintain all new trees with enhanced planting guidelines
Community drop-in sessions and workshops
From 12 – 14 November 2023, we will be holding a series of events. Please join us and have your say.
- Sunday 12 Nov 5pm- Families and General public workshop, Meet at the Eastside Community Garden for a Tree Canopy workshop and BBQ
- Monday 13 Nov @ 3pm- Practitioner & Service Authority workshop discussing “Existing Policies/Practices and Barriers to Greening” Civic Centre
- Monday 13 Nov @ 6pm- General Public Meeting and Workshop discussing “What is a Greening Strategy and why do we need one in Alice Springs” Civic Centre
You can also share your feedback by filling out a short five-minute survey that can be found here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NG7YTC8
Have your say: What is your vision, suggestions, ideas and concerns/issues you think need to be addressed?
Your input and involvement is important.
The project team wants to:
- Gain an understanding of how you think trees affect the urban environment
- Understand stakeholder needs
- Identify, explore and test ideas regarding tree canopy cover in the town
You are encouraged to provide your valuable feedback into the design process along with providing suggestions on greening our town.