Alice Springs Town Council, in conjunction with Cleanaway, provides a kerbside domestic waste collection service for the Alice Springs community.
Please note that some rural areas of Alice Springs do not receive a kerbside collection service.
Kerbside collections scheduled for Good Friday and Christmas Day may be rescheduled – please check Council’s home page or social media pages for notifications of rescheduling, closer to those dates. Kerbside collection schedules for all other public holidays remain unaffected.
Please place general household waste only in your wheelie-bin.
Please do not put the following in your wheelie-bin:
- NO heavy materials, such as concrete, building materials, soil
- NO industrial waste in your wheelie-bin
- NO tyres
- NO wire
- NO waste oil
- NO batteries
- NO engine parts
- NO hot ashes or acid
On your wheelie-bin collection day:
- Place your wheelie-bin on the kerbside before 6am on the morning of your scheduled collection day.
- Place wheelie-bin as close to the edge of the road as possible.
- Ensure your wheelie-bin is at least 1m clear of trees and obstructions, including fire hydrants, power poles, other bins or parked vehicles.
- Return your wheelie-bin to your property after it has been emptied.
- Please DO NOT leave your wheelie-bin on the road.
Only ASTC wheelie-bins will be serviced. If you require an extra bin, contact the Alice Springs Town Council on 8950 0500.
Additional bags or boxes placed on the kerbside next to your bin will not be collected.
Do not overfill your wheelie-bin
The maximum weight allowed in your wheelie-bin is 70kg.
Bins must not be overflowing. If lid is open it is seen as overloaded and may not be collected. Overfilling your wheelie-bin means your household waste may fall out, becoming litter on the roadside. Please make sure your wheelie-bin lid is closed when you put it out for collection.
Recycling will reduce the amount of waste in your wheelie-bin. See the Waste and Recycling section of the website.
Maintain a clean hygienic wheelie-bin
You can prevent unwanted smells and flies by wrapping all meat, fish, dairy products, vegetable and other fruit scraps.
Hose bin out thoroughly at least once a month.
What happens if I don’t adhere to these conditions?
Your bin will not be collected. Please note that it is the resident’s responsibility to empty bins that are deemed by the collection driver to be too full, too heavy, or contain unacceptable materials.
What if my wheelie-bin is lost or damaged?
Call Customer Service on (08) 8950 0500.