Public Comment on draft Public Art Masterplan 2020-2030
Closing date: 13 Aug 2020
Alice Springs Town Council is seeking community feedback on its draft Public Art Masterplan 2020 – 2030.
A public art masterplan is being developed by Council to define a vision, principles and framework to guide Council’s approach to public art. It builds on existing public art practices and policies and will help Council to support the development of a relevant, diverse and exciting collection of public art in Alice Springs that is recognised as being of a high standard within Australia and abroad.
The Masterplan was developed by reviewing existing documentation, a community survey, and consultation directly with the Alice Springs community, including:
• one-on-one and small group meetings with arts and cultural agencies and interested practitioners and artists
• public meeting open to all interested people
• meetings with the Public Art Advisory Committee
• meeting with Alice Springs Town Council Councillors
• meetings with relevant Alice Springs Town Council staff.
An action plan, as a supplementary operational document, is also being developed to sit under the Public Art Masterplan. This document will build on the strategic priorities of the masterplan, and identify the actions necessary to develop outstanding public art and meet the vision of the Masterplan.
Feedback must be submitted in writing to email@example.com before COB 13 August 2020.