Team Member Ovals & Parks Maintenance
Permanent - Full-time
- Peak local Council and community leader for Central Australia
- Part of a dynamic and future-focused community
- Key role supporting the smart and efficient running of the Council
About Alice Springs Town Council
Alice Springs Town Council is considered to be the heart and soul of Central Australia, fondly known as the Red Centre. Our Vision is of a brighter future, a prosperous and cohesive community.
We seek a Team Member — Ovals and Parks Maintenance who will undertake arrange of horticultural activities, specifically related to the Council’s ovals, parks, and reserves. Ensuring compliance with safety policies, and contributing to the maintenance and upkeep of ovals, parks, reserves, drains, verges, and laneways including fertilizing, mowing, trimming, edging, and tree pruning.
Your responsibilities will include identifying and removing weeds, pests, and diseases and eradicating them through the use of pesticides and herbicides, safely operating and maintaining machinery including front deck mowers, edgers, and whipper-snippers and keeping accurate daily work records and reporting any issues including necessary repairs to the team leader/supervisor in a timely manner.
What will you get from joining the team?
- Attractive salary of $$68,132.52 p/a plus district allowance — $ 2611 w/dependents, $1498 w/o dependents
- 6 weeks annual leave with additional generous leave entitlements.