Senior Finance officer
Permanent - Full-time
- Peak local Council and community leader for Central Australia
- Part of a dynamic and future-focused community
- Key role supporting the smart and efficient running of the Council.
About Alice Springs Town Council
Alice Springs Town Council is considered to be the heart and soul of Central Australia, fondly known as the Red Centre. Our Vision is of a brighter future, a prosperous and cohesive community.
We seek an experienced Senior Finance Officer to provide expert advice to the finance, accounts, and customer service officers on rates, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other finance matters and make a significant contribution to the Finance Department by establishing accounting and finance policies and procedures.
You will assist in the preparation of departmental budgets, reporting, and in the provision of accurate and timely financial and management information.
Your responsibilities will include mentoring, coordinating, and providing expert advice to rates, accounts, and finance officers on rates, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing requisition, and order matters, contribute to the management and preparation of all business unit and section budgets and other financial documents, and Provide direction to finance and accounts officers in daily, weekly, monthly and annual processing and queries with other business unit to address purchase and invoice payment matters.
What will you get from joining the team?
- Attractive salary of $96,403.69 p/a plus district allowance — $ 2611 w/dependents, $1498 w/o dependents
- 6 weeks annual leave with additional generous leave entitlements.