Permanent - Full-time
- Peak local Council and community leader for Central Australia
- Part of a dynamic and future-focused community
- Key role supporting the smart and efficient running of the Council
About Alice Springs Town Council
Alice Springs Town Council is considered to be the heart and soul of Central Australia, fondly known as the Red Centre. Our Vision is of a brighter future, a prosperous and cohesive community.
We seek a cleaner, who provides cleaning services for the Council’s Library, Civic Centre Complex and Civic Centre Public Toilets so that all furnishings and fittings are presented to both staff and the public in a clean, tidy, and neat state.
You will ensure to complete general cleaning duties in all areas in and around the buildings, walkways, verandahs, and covered areas, including the removal of litter, vacuuming carpets, cleaning the hard floor surface, wiping down surfaces, dusting shelves, clearing bins, & spot cleaning accidents & emergencies.
Your responsibilities will include handling money from the public for use of the public toilet facilities, maintaining storage areas so that they are presented in a clean and tidy manner, and contributing to OHS&W compliance by maintaining competency and utilizing safe working practices, and reporting unsafe work practices.
What will you get from joining the team?
- Attractive salary of $65,712.85 p/a and district allowance — $ 2611 w/dependents, $1498 w/o dependent
- 6 weeks annual leave with additional generous leave entitlements.