Permanent, Full Time
With more than 200 staff across our Civic Centre, Alice Springs Public Library, Alice Springs Aquatic and Leisure Centre, Regional Waste Management Facility and Works Depot, Alice Springs Town Council is committed to being a dynamic Council.
We are proud to serve the residents of Alice Springs in a holistic way. Alice Springs as a region has a great deal of potential and it is Council’s duty to help us reach that potential.
Alice Springs Town Council has a vision for Alice Springs, a place that connects and empowers residents. We would love for you to be a part of that vision.
About the person
Council is seeking a candidate with the skills to effectively manage relationships with the media and the wider community, positively influencing Council’s image in the community through strategic communications.
Working with the Senior Media Officer in providing considered communication advice to Council Executive.
What will you get by joining the team?
- Work with a close-knit team who has your back.
- Be a real part of the community.
- You will be appreciated for who you are.
- We will support your growth by improving your skills and experience
- Great pay and flexible hours.
- This position includes weekend and out of regular hours work, paid at applicable rates.
For details on Council’s application process, please see the How to Apply page.
To be considered for shortlisting and an interview, your application must include the following:
- Resume/Cover Letter
- A statement outlining your suitability in relation to each of the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description;
- A resume that includes your contact information, a summary of your work experience, and information about your qualifications and education.
- Referees- If you are called in for an interview, you must provide the names and contact information for at least two referees, one of whom should be your supervisor or your most recent employer, and the other should be familiar with your work performance.