Grants Round Changes
14 February 2011
2011 Grants Round Changes
Alice Springs Town Council would like to advise the community of recent changes to the grants program which are now in effect.
Submissions will now only open once per year in February meaning there will be no additional grants rounds until next February 2012.
MayorDamien Ryansaid “It is important that the community is aware of these changes as this will have an impact on how many of the community groups apply for funding.”
“The grants are design to support local community groups and I’m proud to say the grants have been associated with many community initiatives.” said Mayor Ryan
A decision was made at January’s Ordinary Council meeting to implement the below changes to the Community Grants Program for the 2011 round of grants to start in February:-
- The Community Assistance and Community Development Grants will now be offered in one round per year (previously two rounds). This round will open in February and will be open for submissions for one month. Applicants will be notified in April.
- The Araluen Community Access Grants will be bought into line with the other Council Community grants programs and will be open for submissions for one month in February / March each year. (Previously opened in November and closed in February).
The funding limits for all grants remain the same:
- Araluen Access Grants - $2000
- Community Development Grants - $5000
- Community Assistance Grants - $1500
Forms and further information can be found on Council’s website www.alicesprings.nt.gov.au/alice-springs-community/grants
The Community Computer Grants will be offered on an availability basis as Council replaces its IT equipment.
For further information contact:
Damien Ryan (Mayor) M: 0428 825 392
Rex Mooney (CEO) P: (08) 8950 0500
Claire Ashard (Media & Communications) M: 0408 857 167