Alice Springs Town Council’s Rangers interact with the community in various roles, from educating on responsible pet ownership, providing advice on livestock ownership, to stray pet collection and administering Council’s by-laws within the local community.
- Pet ownership & registration – for residents’ responsibilities under local by-laws and pet registration information.
- Report an animal at large – to report stray, lost, or wild / feral animals within the municipality, please call Council’s Ranger Unit.
- Found animal – please call Council’s Ranger Unit. Pets found after-hours can be taken to the Alice Springs Animal Shelter, Len Kittle Drive, and placed in one of the secure cages at the front of the facility.
- Request an animal trap – to humanely capture pests, feral or stray animals on your property (conditions apply), please call Council’s Ranger Unit.
- Snakes – to request a snake-catcher, please call 1800 453 210.
Dingoes are a protected species in the NT. To report dingoes present within Alice Springs township, contact NTG Parks & Wildlife Rangers on 8951 8250 | 0401 115 731. For further information on dingoes, click here. To report wild or stray dogs, please call Council’s Ranger Unit.
Please call Wildcare Alice Springs (volunteer organisation) on 0419 221 128.
Animal cruelty and neglect
If you suspect neglect, abuse or you are a witness to animal cruelty of any type of animal, please contact the Animal Welfare Branch on 1300 720 386 or send an e‑mail to email@example.com. All details remain confidential and you can remain anonymous. The Animal Welfare Branch has an authorised inspector situated in Alice Springs. For detailed information on animal cruelty or neglect, please click here.
Please contact 1300 720 386 or the Police if you are concerned about an animal left in a vehicle