The outdoor pools at The Alice Springs Aquatic & Leisure Centre are open for the 2013 summer season.
Don't forget our indoor pools including the 25m lap pool, leisure pool, rapid river, spa and two waterslides are set to a warm temperature for your enjoyment and will remain open all through winter!
The Aquatic and Leisure Centre is open:
6am to 7pm weekdays
9am to 7pm weekends and public holidays.
Waterslides are open:
3.30pm - 6.30pm weekdays
9.00am - 6.30pm weekends, public holidays and school holidays
The ASALC is located at 5 Speed St, Alice Springs.
A location map can be found on the official website asalc.com.au.
We look forward to seeing you at the Alice Springs Aquatic & Leisure Centre.
Find us on Facebook for regular updates.
The Alice Springs Aquatic and Leisure Centre was officially opened on Sunday 17 April 2011 by His Worship the Mayor Damien Ryan, Warren Snowdon MHR, Member for Lingiari, Mr Karl Hampton MLA, Northern Territory Minister for Sport and Recreation and previous Mayor Ms Fran Kilgariff. The project wouldn’t have beeen possible without the support of both the NT Government and the Australian Government.
The Centre is managed by CASA Leisure and owned by the Alice Springs Town Council. It's open from 6am to 7pm weekdays and 9am to 7pm weekends and public holidays (except Christmas Day and Good Friday) The Water Slides opening times are - Monday to Friday - 3:30pm to 6:30pm and Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays – 9am to 6:30pm and are included in the entry fee.
The state of the art facility has many exciting features such as:
- Two fun water slides – the first with a single loop and the second with a double loop.
- A heated indoor 8 lane, 25m swimming lap pool.
- Upgraded kiosk/café reception, spectator seating, administration, and amenities.
- A second 20 metre pool with disabled ramp access and will include:
- beach entry
- toddler area
- indoor spa and lazy river
- a four lane learn-to-swim section with disabled ramp access
Fees and Charges
Below: The official ribbon cutting to open the new facility L-R: Mr Karl Hampton MLA, Northern Territory Minister for Sport and Recreation, previous Mayor Ms Fran Kilgariff, current Mayor Damien Ryan and Warren Snowdon MHR, Member for Lingiari.
With financial assistance from FaHCSIA, Alice Springs Town Council have installed a number of mobility aids to maximise access and participation in the activities available at the Aquatic & Leisure Centre.
Specialised equipment includes:
- Access lifter with 360 degree manual rotation
- Two floating slings (150kg, 200kg)
- Two wet area wheel chairs
- Mobile battery height adjustable change table