Healthy Communities Program
Alice Springs Town Council provides the following programs aimed at keeping residents of all ages active and healthy:
- Heart Foundation Walking (all ages and abilities) – meet 7am, every Saturday, at the Andy McNeill Room, Civic Centre, 93 Todd Street.
- Active Oldies (for seniors) – 10.30am, Monday-Wednesday-Friday, at Alice Springs Aquatic & Leisure Centre (ASALC), 10 Speed Street. Cost for entry.
- Keep You Moving (for people with chronic health conditions) – various times, Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday, at Health & Wellness Centre (ASALC), 10 Speed Street. Minimal cost per class.
Sport & Recreation
Sporting and recreational groups benefit our local community by creating fun, varied opportunities to regularly engage people, from all walks of life, in social activity – and Alice Springs is a truly sports-loving town!
From extreme mountain-biking and trail-running, to book clubs and lawn bowls, Alice has much to offer those seeking to contribute to the community, improve their health and fitness, or expand their social network.
A list of local sporting and recreational groups can be found here.
Alice Springs Hospital
Alice Springs Hospital (ASH) is a 186-bed, major-acute public health facility serving the central Australia region and receives approximately 60,000 patients each year. It is located at 6 Gap Road and can be contacted on (08) 8951 7777.
ASH Emergency Department is open 24 hours and does not require an appointment. For medical emergencies, please call 000.
Medical & Dental Clinics
There are several General Practitioner medical clinics and dental surgeries in Alice Springs, including (but not limited to):
- Bath Street Family Medical Centre, 69 Bath Street – 8952 2000
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress (multiple clinics) – 8951 4400
- Central Clinic, 76 Todd Street – 8952 1088
- Mall Medical Centre, 1⁄73 Hartley Street – 8952 2744
- Alice Springs Dental Surgery, 2 Larapinta Drive – 8952 3533
- Alice Dental Associates, Reg Harris Lane (off Todd Mall) – 8952 6055
Allied Health Services
- BushMob (drug addiction treatment centre) – 8953 3798
- Drug & Alcohol Services Australia (DASA) – 8952 8412
- Holyoake Alice Springs (drug addiction treatment centre) – 8952 5899
- Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) – 8955 4500 | AH: 0401 114 181
- Central Australia Mental Health Service (CAMHS) – 8951 7711
- Employee Assistance Services Australia (EASA) – 8953 4225
- Headspace (youth mental health service) – 8958 4544
- Mental Health Association of Central Australia (MHACA) – 8950 4600
- Relationships Australia – 8950 4100